The Lumenis® ResurFX™ treatment is a fractional skin rejuvenation solution, enabling your physician to offer you remarkable results for younger, healthier, glowing looking skin. Our unique fractional rejuvenation technology, the ResurFX™ non-ablative skin resurfacing, allows for a comfortable, fast treatment, with remarkable results.
Is it right for me?
Lumenis® energy-based treatments are not suitable for everyone and carry some risks. ResurFX™ is not suitable when you have active infections, viral, fungal or bacterial diseases, inflammatory skin conditions or skin cancer. Risks may include: redness, swelling, scarring, or a change of pigmentation. Be sure to consult with your treatment provider before choosing this treatment.
How does it work?
The ResurFX™ fractional laser is a state-of-the-art, non-ablative, skin resurfacing technology. ResurFX™ fractional laser stimulates the production of new collagen and elastic fibers in the deeper layers of the skin. Stimulating new collagen production is the key to a more radiant, youthful looking skin.
The ResurFX™ technology enables your physician to achieve excellent clinical results over a sequence of treatments while keeping your comfort maximal and downtime minimal.
What should I expect?
The Lumenis® ResurFX™ treatment works with your skin to stimulate deep collagen regeneration over a sequence of treatments.
Typically, about 3 sessions are needed to have visible improvement in the skin texture. But, already after the first treatment, you may notice changes in pores dimensions. Typically, results are achieved after 3-5 sessions in 4-5 weeks intervals. However, you may continue to see improvements for up to six months following the treatment
What can I expect after treatment?
Immediately following treatment, you may experience some redness or swelling, depending on your customized treatment settings. The swelling will usually diminish after a few hours and the redness as quickly as the next day or over the next few days. Most patients are able to resume their daily activities the very same day. Typically your physician should advise to stay out of direct sun for a few days following the treatment and to apply sun screen.
Tailored to address even the early signs of aging
Noticeable results for skin texture and overall skin appearance
Experience minimal downtime in a “lunch-time” treatment and return to your busy lifestyle
Post care instructions:
1. Immediately after the treatment, there may be redness and bumps at the treatment site which can last a few days. You may use cool compresses, aloe vera gel or 1% hydrocortisone to reduce discomfort.
2. Brown spots on your skin may turn darker; they will flake off in 1-2 weeks.
3. A gentle cleanser (i.e. Cetaphil) should be used for the next 3-5 days. Apply a fragrance free moisturizer to the area daily as needed.
4. Makeup may be applied (use moisturizer under this) as long as the skin is not broken. Makeup will also serve as an additional barrier from the sun.
5. Topical products containing Retin A, glyclolic acid etc., may be resumed 1-3 days after treatment.
6. Avoid sun exposure for 4-6 weeks. Sunscreen must be used daily while undergoing treatments.
7. Do not tweeze, wax or use a depilatory in the treated area during the course of treatment. You may shave if necessary.
8. If you develop a blister or a scab, wash gently, keep moisturized, avoid sun exposure, and call our office for assistance. We are here to help you.
9. Do not pick scabs as this may lead to scarring.
10. Avoid vigorous exercise for 2-3 days. Rosacea patients should avoid triggers like alcohol, caffeine and spicy foods.
11. Avoid hot showers, saunas, hot tubs and skin treatments until the skin is back to normal.
12. Please inform our office of any new diagnoses or changes in your medications prior to each treatment.